The personalisation of t-shirts and other items, from as few as a single unit, requires a range of specific and often complex printing techniques compared to long runs of hundreds or thousands of traditional units.
For production from a single unit, there isn't an optimal technique that covers all types of designs and t-shirts. Here at Tostadora, we have specialised in digital direct printing.
|Direct printing is the latest technology for personalisation and allows for single unit runs. It offers quality and a finish similar to screen printing (sometimes even better!) but from single units. (Screen printing requires at least 30 units to get an acceptable cost per shirt.)|
We print all designs uploaded by users in PNG or JPG using this technique. We can print solid colours, designs with hundreds of colours and gradients, and also text. In short, anything that can be output from a PNG or JPG file.
- Supports 16 million colours.
- Screen printing quality from as few as a one unit.
- Ideal for designs with that look irregular, distressed, have multiple strokes, etc.
- High cost of printing for long runs.
- It may last somewhat less than traditional screen printing.
- Can present slight imperfections, especially in solid colors/drawings.
- Wash inside out.
- Wash with cold water. Never wash in temperatures more than 30º C.
- Do not bleach.
- Do not tumble dry after washing (dryers destroy everything, including the fabric)
- Do not iron the print.